Jobs for Professionals
Become a valid member of our growing team.
We are always interested in finding new talented and outstanding employees. If our vacancies do not fit your profile, do not hesitate to send us your unsolicited application and we will contact you shortly.
Chemist as Head of Oligonucleotide Synthesis
To strengthen and lead our chemical research team we are looking for a qualified Head of Oligonucleotide Synthesis as soon as possible.
Your future role:
We are looking for an ambitious chemist to join our team! As Head of Oligonucleotide Synthesis you will be the first person of contact for our R&D teams developing our core technologies, Lab direct and CYCLE® Dx for in-house synthesis of various oligonucleotides. Furthermore, you will be the link to our external customers from Germany, Europe and the USA and will be responsible for their custom syntheses.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Performing chemical syntheses at different scales to provide
- sophisticated (un-)modified oligonucleotides,
- phosphoramidites, and
- oligonucleotide-modified Au nanoparticles.
- Independent analytical characterisation, evaluation, and qualification of synthesis products.
- Independent management of customer relationships in the chemical department, covering customer service, quoting, handling and completion of shipping and export formalities.
- Taking over general tasks in the department, such as ordering starting materials, handling and maintenance of your equipment which includes but is not limited to:
- Applied Biosystems 394-08 – DNA/RNA Synthesizer
- Agilent, M5340AA Oligo Pro II – Multiplexed capillary electrophoresis
- Agilent, 1260 Infinity II – High performance liquid chromatography with autosampler and fraction collector
- Büchi, C850 Flash Pro – Flash Chromatography
- Analytik Jena, Specord 40 – Photometer
- Horiba, Fluoromax 4 – Fluorometer
- Implen, N60 – Nanophotometer
- Documentation and, if necessary, presentation of experimental procedures and analytical results.
- Ensure compliance with the safety and environmental protection regulations.
Your ideal qualifications:
- Study of chemistry or biochemistry or a related field with a focus on nucleotide synthesis ideally but not mandatory completed with a Ph.D.
- Hands on experience in the field of machine-assisted solid phase synthesis and HPLC-based purification processes.
- In depth knowledge of methods required for characterisation of oligonucleotides and other biomolecules, e.g. UV-vis. spectroscopy, HPLC, electrophoresis, MS.
- Extensive knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with working in a regulated environment (ISO13485) is a plus.
- Work well in a cross-functional team environment, both individually and as part of a team.
Who we are and what you can expect:
We are a growing company that offers novel molecular diagnostic solutions and intends to make the fastest quality diagnostics accessible to anyone, anywhere, to provide the right treatment at the right time.
We are a family-run business and believe that our team is the key to success.
When joining FRIZ you can expect:
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent employment
- Attractive salary
- Various further education possibilities
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining the team at FRIZ Biochem, we would be delighted to receive your application.
Your application should include the following information in one PDF-document:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Your desired salary per annum
- Your possible entry date
- Job refrence number